Hello! Welcome back to my blog. It is the first of the month. Time for a new challenge @ Stick It Down Scrapbook and Card Making Challenge on FB. Joining is very easy. Create a new project following this month's sketch. It can either be a single scrapbook layout, a double page scrapbook layout or a card. Choose one or choose all!
This was not the original card I planned to create for this month's sketch. I overdid my craft supplies shopping this month. Why not use it right away rather than stashing it somewhere in my craft room and end up forgetting it? Don't you hate that?
I created a wreath for the circular frame of the sketch. I stepped it up by crocheting on a circular frame which I cut out of cardstock and stacked it to make it sturdy.
I die cut a lot of poinsettias on pearl white cardstock using a die from the Alex Syberia Mini Ornaments Die Set. I die cut the leaves on gold pearl cardstock. I used a shaping stylus to give the poinsettias and the leaves some depth.
I adhered the poinsettia layers then adhered this to the crocheted wreath using Ranger Glossy Accents. I tucked the leaves under the poinsettias.
For the card panel, the focal point and the sentiment are from a cut apart sheet by Crate Paper Mittens & Mistletoe 6x8 paper pad.
On a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" scrap cardstock, I adhered a plaid washi tape from Paper Source. I applied glue to the cardstock before adhering the washi tape. I covered the whole panel with the washi tape.
I trimmed a gold mirror washi tape into skinny strips and adhered this to the plaid panel to take the place of the matte on the sketch. I ran a stitched border die over these strips for added interest. The die I used is from Lawn Fawn.
Here comes the tricky part, trying to figure out how to temporarily attach the wreath to the card front panel. I positioned the wreath over the plaid panel to give me an idea on where to adhere the floral focal point. I wanted the flowers of the cut apart to show through the wreath. Afterwhich, I adhered the floral cut apart. I made this into a hanging picture frame. I created the rope hanger with the use of two nesting diamond dies. I die cut a brown shimmer cardstock on the long corner of the diamonds. I adhered this on the top of the floral focal point.
I poked a hole on the tip of the photo frame hanger and threaded a brad through it. This is where I will temporarily attach the wreath.
To hide the string of the wreath, I used a jewelry wire to tie the string to the back. I also created a small circular hook to attach the wreath to the brad.
I added the sentiment to the card panel adhering it underneath the wreath instead of on the wreath like the sentiment on the sketch.
I added red gems to the top left corner of the panel replicating it from the sketch.
It might be a challenge to give this card away. Mailing it will require extra postage since it would not be considered as a letter. Hand delivery will be the best option. I am planning to write instructions on the back of the front cover about the wreath ornament and how to remove the jewelry wires without ruining it. I can also just tape the string to the back of the card cover to make it simple.
I hope I inspired you with today's card and that you join in this month's challenge. We look forward to seeing your projects.
Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!
Maria Giselle B.








What a gorgeous card, Maria!
ReplyDelete