Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Faux Stained Glass Luminary



Hello! I am on the Blank Page Muse blog with this home decor project. I used the following BPM products:
  1. Christmas Stained Glass stamp
  2. Vintage Gingerbread Christmas Papers - Festive Holiday Printables Digital Paper
The details on how I created this luminary is on my post at the BPM blog. It only shows that you can use digital prints to create 3D projects just like a patterned paper or a cardstock. Just make sure that you use an 80 lb cardstock to make it sturdy. If you only have a light weight paper to print on, adhere a double adhesive tape to an 80 lb cardstock then adhere the digital print to it. The only difficulty I see here is cutting out the window using a craft knife because of the adhesive on the tape. It can gunk the blade of the craft knife and/or scissors.


It would have been easier if the stamp has a matching die but since it does not, we just go back to old school of cutting it with a craft knife and/or a pair of scissors. I went through two craft knives and a pair of  sharp tipped scissors to cut out the windows. If you prefer to use a craft knife, make sure it is sharp. A blunt one does not give the best result. 


This is how the stamped faux stained glass looks with a dark cardstock behind it.


On the first photo, I used fairy lights to light up the luminary. On the above photo, I used a tea light that changes colors. I love how it looks especially when the tea light has a blue light. How about you, which one do you like more?


Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

BPM is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment