Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Color Inspired Birthday Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's project is part of Kat Scrappiness's Color Challenge Collaboration IG Hop. There are prizes for grab. I have the link at the bottom of this post so you can start hopping. 

I also created this card for my third son who celebrated his 18th birthday last Saturday. It was a busy weekend for him, having a track and field meet on his birthday, then his high school graduation last Sunday. 

This card involves die cutting. I have a dedicated die cutting plate which I usually place on the bottom of the die cutting sandwich. You can feel the love for it once you see it because of all the cuts created by all the dies cut on it. Sometimes part of a die does not fully die cut the paper when using an overused die cutting plate. This is when I use the metal shim to add more pressure to the die cutting sandwich when I ran it through the die cutting machine. Adding a metal shim when cutting intricate with intricate dies, just like the plaid background, will help come up with a clean die cut. 


I specifically love stacking die cuts to create dimension. It does not turn out perfect sometimes especially when you are stacking intricate dies just like the Happy Birthday sentiment, but this is hardly noticeable. Stacking die cuts is also a way of using up those scraps of cardstock or even patterned paper. 

Don't be afraid to add details to die cuts. I added embossed dots to the layering cake. I also added embossing on the rim of the cake.

Those cake stands that hold the sentiment are actually die cuts using a slim strip die. I encourage you to look beyond the intended use of your craft items and give it some new use.


And those negative die cuts from the plaid die, keep those. You never know when this comes handy. I keep mine in a container. I plan to use it to inlay it to the plaid background die cut just like what I did on this card or maybe create a tiled background. 

I hope you like today's card. I hope you join the KS's IG hop. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day.

Maria Giselle B.


I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. They have a new release, too!  






 

I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment