Monday, May 22, 2023

Double Paged Rainbow Color Inspired Layout

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Early this month, we celebrated National Scrapbooking Day. Pinkfresh Studio's NSD challenge motivated me to work on this layout. I have not scrapbooked in a long time. I am more into cardmaking. I truly enjoyed creating this double paged layout that I see myself doing more scrapbooking in the future. Not to forget, I am so happy that my photo printer is back in action again so I can print the photos that I want to scrap about. Thanks to my husband who fixed the connection issues of my printer. 

I am using Pinkfresh Studio products in this layout. The patterned papers and the ephemera are from the Let's Stay Home collection. The squares are from one of the patterned paper from this collection. I cut these squares apart and re-arranged it to fit my double paged layout. 

The main title of the layout was created using the PS Inna Alpha Hot Foil Plate, Layering Stencil and Die Set. I had this collection for a while and I could not believe that I waited this long to play with it. At first, it looks intimidating to use it but once I started playing with it, I had to stop myself from wanting to create more projects using it. 

The foiling part was also a challenge since I have not used my Spellbinders Glimmer Machine in a long time. I had some waste of materials at first because I had to re-orient myself on how to use the machine. After two over foiling, I finally got it. 

I used the stencil to add colors to the foiled letters, following the color of the square the letter will be adhered to. I only used two shades of color for each letter. The flower has three layering stencils. I only used one ink for that just lightly applying ink on the first layer then adding the ink heavily on the next succeeding layers. 


After I adhered the colored squares to the panel to form a rainbow grid, I started planning the rest of the elements of the layout. I also added the color coordinating embroidery flosses that I will be using to stitch on some of the colored boxes. 

It is very tempting to stitch on all the boxes but I didn't want to take the eye away from the photos and the embellishments. 

 

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at







No comments:

Post a Comment