Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Paper Weaved Greeting Card

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. The background of this card is made of weaved strips of cardstock die cut with Kat Scrappiness Stitched Slimline Strips dies. This die set cuts four different widths of stitched strips. I used the widest and the second to the thinnest strips for the weaving. 

For the image, I stamped the quokka on white cardstock. This quokka is from the KS Easter Quokkas stamp set. This quokka is actually holding a carrot. To give it a new look, after I die cut the quokka using the matching die, I cut the part of the carrot that's sticking out. I covered this with a bouquet of sequined flowers. The bow, which is a part of the stamp set is a perfect finishing touch to the bouquet. I just had to fussy cut the bow so it won't be taking up so much space and cover the quokka. 

To ground the quokka, I die cut one of the cake layers on kraft cardstock. Yes, I used a die intended to cut a different thing, but would you know if I didn't tell you?

The bold sentiment was die cut and layered twice for a raised effect. I used the KS Happy Birthday Word with Shadow die. The nice thing about this die cut is that if you are not going to use the shadow die, you can curve the sentiment giving it another look just like what I did on this card. 

I hope you like the innovations I made using the above Kat Scrappiness products. I love finding other uses for my craft products.  

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B. 

I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. They have a new release, too! You can also use flower sprinkles instead of flower sequins. This is also available at Kat Scrappiness.



I am sharing this creation at





No comments:

Post a Comment