Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Watercolor Pine Tree Christmas Tag

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am playing with my Karin markers today to give the March's #KarinColors a try. Karin Markers have an IG monthly challenge which I linked below. 

I know that some markers can be be used to color directly to the stamp. I gave this technique a try with Karin Markers, and I am truly amazed by the effect! I used it on a layering stamp, which I have difficulties before. Not anymore! I love the organic look created using the Karin Markers on this layering stamp. 

I am using a watercolor paper. I positioned my stamp to it using the Misti Stamping Tool. I applied the darkest color to the first stamp layer. After I've colored the whole stamp, I spritz some water to it. I wiped the excess water off the Misti Door. I pressed the stamp to the watercolor paper. I dried the impression with a heat tool. I re-positioned the paper on the Misti. I spritz water to the left-over ink on the stamp and re-stamped the image. I repeated the process another time. If you have any areas that need more color, just color that part of the stamp and repeat the process. I did this to all layers. The stamp set, which is from Hero Arts, has 4 pine tree layers. 


Isn't the textured effect amazing? I did the same technique on the tree turnk and the sentiment. 

I die cut the panel into a tag. I blended Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink to the background to give it a vintage look.

I added a DMC Diamant Metallic thread to the top of the tag. I adhered a Trinity Gold Bauble to the center of the bow. 

I truly had fun creating this tag. I can't wait to try these markers on my other layering stamps or solid stamps. 

I also added below the link to the Trinity Stamp Gold Bauble I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this product. While you are at the Trinity Stamps website, check out their amazing products including their newly released products. 

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!
Maria Giselle B.

 I am sharing this creation at




2 comments:

  1. I love that you are posting things for. Christmas I’ve been working on Christmas cards the past 3 months. My goal is 5 a month.

    ReplyDelete