Friday, April 1, 2022

Easter Colored Inspired Greeting Card


Hello! Welcome back. Before I begin, I would like to thank Mindy of Creative Scoop for the color and technique inspiration. My colors are based on her Easter color combo. And, while I was reading her post, I came across her sparkle technique using a white gel pen which I tried on the girl's bunny hat. The effect is amazing! You should give it a try.

Anyway, we have another new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs for the month of April. We have 2 sponsors. The themes are Easter and/or Animals. I am using an image from one of our sponsors, Stampers Delights. 

I printed the image on a Hammermill 60lb sheet. I used Copic markers for coloring, adding details here and there. I fussy cut the image, leaving a small white border around it.

For the background, I am using patterned papers from Photo Play. To add detail to the checkered pattern, I stamped flowers to the white squares and adhered a small flower sequin to the center of each flower. I added lines to the dark pink squares using a white gel pen and a ruler. I traced the green lines with a pastel green gel pen. This checkered panel was cut at 4" x 5 1/4".

I die cut a green patterned paper using an egg die to create a hill to ground the image. I inked the edges with a green dye ink.

Before adhering the elements to the front panel, I heat embossed the sentiment. This sentiment is from Studio Katya. 

I adhered the hill to the checkered patterned paper. I added foam adhesives to the girl.

I added a sticker to the panel which is also from Photo Play.

I adhered this to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" top folding pink note card.


AN IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM MIRTILLAMENTE


Mirtillamente, our other blog challenge sponsor, has started a fundraiser to be allocated to Save The Children to help children who are victims of the war in Ukraine. Eve, the owner of Mirtillamente, has exclusively made 3 digital stamps and 1 digital paper pad for this campaign. They are on sale at this link: https://www.mirtillamentecraftshop.it/197-mirtillamente-donations.

The proceeds will be fully paid to Save The Children, the payment receipt will be published in total transparency on all Mirtillamente social channels accompanied by the names of those who contributed by purchasing the products related to this campaign.

I hope you join us in this month's challenge. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.


Image Sponsor

I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment