Friday, November 27, 2015

All Kraft Sparkly Christmas Card


For this card, I challenged myself to create a card using just kraft cardstock. I stamped the raccoon using My Favorite Things Kraft Hybrid ink on a scrap kraft cardstock. I stamped it a couple of times just in case I make a mistake in coloring. My next challenge is how to color the raccoon. Raccoon always seem to be black and white so I went searching the net for a brown colored raccoon...and I did find one.


I colored the raccoon using Copics. For the white accents of the raccoon, I used a white colored pencil. I used black Glaze pen for the eyes. I fuzzy cut the raccoon, including his belly since I am planning to make the image holiday inspired. This is my only Newton's Nook stamp set which I won by commenting on Chari Moss's blog. Looking through my stash of stamps, I found this Technique Tuesday gift stamp which is a part of Say It-Happy stamp set. I stamped this on Kraft colored cardstock using the same Kraft ink I used with the raccoon. I colored this by adding lines to create a striped gift wrapper. I used a Versamark pen on the ribbon to apply gold embossing powder to it. I also applied glue to the center of the ribbon, then poured gold glitter onto it. 


I cut a Christmas tree using the Cricut Winter Wonderland cartridge. I cut this on kraft cardstock, too. I used Copics to color the tree. I used the 0 to bleach out spots on the tree, sort of an ornament. I applied white dots to this bleached spots. I colored the star with a gold marker. Using the Versamark pen, I covered the star with the sticky ink, then poured Wow! Ultra Clear Embossing powder to this. I did this process twice.


For the background, I created a slope onto a Post-it note using Avery Elle Custom Panels Elle-ments. This will serve as a mask when I blend inks for the sky. I also punched a circle onto a Post-It note.  After adhering the Post-It masks, I blended Tim Holtz Distress inks to create the night sky. Guided by the circle, I attached the negative circle cut of the Post-It note, then remove the circle. I blended more yellow inks on this circle. I reapplied the circle Post-It note, then sprayed pearlized water to the night sky for shimmer.  I set this aside to dry. 

Once the shimmer is dry, I adhered the other half of the slope Post-It note to the shimmered area. I rub the Versmark ink pad onto this area. I poured Ranger Holographic embossing powder to this, then heat set it.

For the sentiment, I used stamps from two stamp sets and did some masking to create the message. I applied washi tape to the stamp, applied Versamark ink, remove the wash tape, stamp the sentiment onto the panel, then poured white embossing powder onto it. I was doing well doing these steps until I got to the last word. The letters overlapping the already powdered sentiment attracted the powder. So, I had to brush off all the powder. Good thing, the Versamark ink stayed wet long enough for me to apply powder to the three-lined sentiment again and all together. Whew! That would have been a disaster since I stamped this direct to the shimmered-blended panel.


I adhered the Christmas tree and the raccoon using foam adhesive. I trimmed 1/8th of an inch from the left and bottom sides of the panel. I adhered this panel onto a kraft cardstock.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Maria! Super cute and I love the sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this card! Such a wonderful scene that you created with the kraft paper card! I love the way you colored the raccoon and the added sparkles on the hill and tree! Thank you so much for linking up to our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete