Friday, November 13, 2015

Red Roses Christmas Tree

I stamped the roses on watercolor paper although a white cardstock will be okay with this project. The watercolor paper is more challenging to fuzzy cut. I lined the edges of the flower with a red Tim Holtz Distress marker to hide the white core of the watercolor paper. I did the same thing with the leaves using a green Tim Holtz Distress marker this time. This stamp set comes with a coordinating die which I really should add to my collection since I always end up fuzzy cutting these roses. I highlighted the rose using a Wink of Stella marker, just drawing a clear glittered line where the rose is dark. 

I used a Memory Box Sparkling Tree die for the tree. I die cut it on a 110-lb white cardstock. This die only cuts the inner portion of the tree so I fuzzy cut the tree off the cardstock panel. I embossed the tree using a WOW! Ultra High gold embossing powder. I repeated this procedure since I missed some areas during the first embossing. 

For the background, I did a wash of Altenew Paper Bag Crisp Dye Ink. It is so pretty! I totally not regret purchasing this color for my first Altenew ink. I splattered some Prima Color Bloom Tea Stain by unscrewing the sprayer off the bottle, then tapping the tip of the sprayer onto the washed panel. I blotted dry the splatters using a towel. 

I created the sentiment using a vellum strip and words from Hero Arts Christmas Crystals stamp set. I embossed the words in white powder. For the dot in between the words, I used the dot from Altenew Hennah Elements stamp set. 

It is time to adhere all the elements, starting off with the gold embossed tree. I applied dots of glue randomly and adhered the tree to the center of the washed panel. I applied a clear acrylic block on top of it for better contact. I applied dots of liquid glue on the back of the vellum where the dots and letters are. I dried this with the acrylic block placed on top of it. Once the adhesive is dry, I adhered the flowers using a glue dot. I adhered the leaves using liquid glue applied to the back and front of one tip of the leaf. 

Thanks for viewing my blog. 

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:

1 comment: