Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Watercolor Smooshed Embellishment Encouragement Card


I am addicted to the watercolor smooshing technique these days. After the last card I created, I can't stop creating more with this technique in mind. For this card, I applied Tim Holtz Distress inks on a palate, spritz it with water and picked up the color using an acetate. I smooshed this to a watercolor paper until I got the right shades and blending. I adhered a Stick-It adhesive sheet to this where I will die cut the flowers. I die cut the smooshed watercolor paper using Bold Blossom by Essentials by Ellen Designer Dies. I strategically chose the area where I will die cut the flowers and leaves. I needed some stems for the flowers. I used the stems from Fresh Cut Flowers by My Favorite Things to cut stems. I removed the release paper from the die cut flowers and poured some Elizabeth Crafts Silk Microfine glitter to this.


For the background panel, I used a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" navy cardstock. I embossed this using Li'l Inker Quilted Swirl Stitched Pattern die. I partially embossed the cardstock, leaving an area without embossing. This is where I will stamp the sentiment. I also did not emboss the left side of the cardstock. I traced the flower onto this and cut this area making sure I cut on the traced line. The navy panel now is about 5 1/2" x 4" in size.

I adhered the flowers to this panel. Then adhered the stems and leaves. I tied the stems with a silver thread. I looped the thread several times on my fingers then tied it on the middle to create a bow. I adhered this on top of the knotted thread.


For the sentiment, I used a stamp from Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp set. I embossed this using white powder. I stamped the white note card with MFT Diagonal Stripes background using Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass dye ink pad. I adhered the navy panel to the note card with fun foam for dimension. I rounded the left lower corner of the note card. I added clear sequins for additional embellishment.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:




 


No comments:

Post a Comment