Thursday, August 28, 2014

You're So Special Navy Blue Dress Inspired Card

I am participating in the Runaway Inspired Challenge #66 with this photo as the inspiration.


I like the flower in the model's dress but I don't have a huge flower stamp in my collection. I think Altenew has a few stamps to re-create the flower but I don't have their stamps yet. It is part of my wish list, though.

Think...think...think...I came up with the idea of die-cutting huge flowers for my card. At first, I planned to cut dimensional flowers using patterned paper. Nah! I flipped through my Cricut Art Philosophy handbook to search for the flower which has an outline cut as well. I came across with this flower cut that I used in my card. I cut the flowers in three different sizes using white cardstock. I colored the solid flowers with Copic markers. I added detail by using Copic White Opaque. I used sponge daubers to color-in the outline of the flowers. I applied Wink of Stella to the outline.


Here are close-up photos of the flowers. The small flower is light pink in color. The one beside it is dark pink in color. 


This flower is color orange.


I thought about trimming the parts of the flowers that overhangs my card but I think I will lose the beauty of the flowers if I did that. What is a little overhang anyway. I think it added some uniqueness to the card.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Die-cut: Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
Stamp: Hero Arts Truly Appreciated
Marker: Copic, Wink of Stella Clear
Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink Navy
Embossing Folder: Lifestyle Crafts Linear

I am submitting this to the challenge below:

2 comments:

  1. Love how you chose to die-cut your flowers using your Cricut! Your card is a true testament of thinking outside the box and how you don't always have to use a stamp! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us on the Runway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those big blooms are so much fun! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete