Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sunshine Dog Card

I recently watched a card video by Kristina Werner (one of my favorite designers.)  I love her card so I thought of giving it a cardlift, the Maria way.  If you want to check her video, here is the link: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=11314.

Here is the card I created.



I stamp the sun using yellow ink, re-stamped it but this time just inking the edges of the sun using orange ink. I cut out the center and traced this on a vellum.  I cut the vellum a little bit larger, stamped the smiley face on the right side.  I colored the back with yellow and colored the cheeks with pink.  I used a black Glaze pen to trace over the face to make it bold and dimensional.  After ensuring its placement, I adhered the sun using transparent dimensional tape.  I applied clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the sun rays.


I cut out the dog's mouth and inserted the twine-wrapped bone in it.  I applied Wink of Stella and Glossy Accent to the bone tips. The sentiment works well with the stamped images. I selectively embossed the sentiment.  Too bad, it is not captured in the photo.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Paper Smooches Spectrum, Woofers & Tweeters

I am submitting this card to the challenge below:

 


1 comment: