Tuesday, August 5, 2014

We'll Miss You Card




I combined several techniques to create this card. My top most priority on my next project is to use embossing paste. I created my own stencil using the flower dies. I stamped the coordinating flowers as how I planned its lay out. Die cut the flowers (Some of which is not a match but it's okay. I have a plan for this die cut flowers, anyway.) I inked each flower using my made up stencil. I applied the embossing paste after. I walked away to let it dry. 

The second technique I used is custom coloring the sequins to closely match the colors of the flower. The Tim Holtz Distress Markers are not suited for this job. I used Copics but somehow, I noticed that on some of the sequins, it is just rubbing off the white finish of the sequins, turning it to silver. I used the darker hue for each color to tint the now silver sequins. I also noticed that there is a white mark at the end of the Copics nib. It didn't seem to affect the color of the markers when I tested it.

The last technique I used is custom building the card sentiment. I used the Sentiment Sampler for this (Miss You and the Well from Get Well.) Since I want the sentiments to look like a border on the circle cut, I masked the word, apply Versamark, stamp, powdered, and heat embossed. Masking the word Well had the most difficulty but it turned out okay. I used the Versamark ink to create the apostrophe on the word We'll.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Die: Paper Smooches Pocket Die
Stamp: Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Versamark

1 comment:

  1. love the sentiment around the focal image. such a fun card! thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete