Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Oh Deer Card

I enjoyed blog hopping on Case Study's 4th Anniversary Week #3. There are a lot of designers who created cards based on their inspiration, and to which I got inspired as well. There is such influx of ideas but the limitation I have is the right kind of stamp to use. Anyway, it was so fun to look through all the participants' work.

This card I made is inspired by Cristina Kowalczyk's card (http://mypapersecret.blogspot.com/2014/08/case-study-4th-anniversary-blog-hop.html). I think it is a fun idea to extend your stamped image to the back of the card.

I had difficulties before coming up with this final card. On my first try, the tree trunk looked okay but once I stamped and watercolored the deer, nah! It didn't look okay to me. On my second try, oh no! I kept re-stamping using the Fiskars Stamp Press thinking it will be aligned because I didn't move the stamp press. I was wrong. It was a mess. Okay, I'll use the clean back of this watercolor paper for another project. The third was a charm. Finally, things are working the way I wanted it to.

And here is the card I created:




Doesn't the tree look dimensional with the card open? I didn't discover this until I was taking photos of the card. What a nice discovery!

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Into The Woods,  Woodgrain Backdrops

I am submitting this card to

I will also post it on Lawn Fawn's Flickr Gallery (https://www.flickr.com/groups/lawnfawn/.)



2 comments:

  1. Too cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and cute! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete