Thursday, August 28, 2014

Make A Wish Watercolor Card

After finding out Mama Elephant and Me August Challenge, I had several ideas on what card to make. I always feel I don't have the right stamp but somehow, I always challenge myself to use what I have.

To make this card, I started by making my own template by cutting a star using my Cricut Imagine. I cut two stars, a pointy-edge and a curved-edge. I asked Rudy (my eldest son) which star he likes the most, and you will see his choice in the card.

After I heat embossed my sentiment, I laid the star stencil on top of the watercolor paper, then laid a Memory Box stencil on top. I only have my Hello Kitty watercolor set to work with. Well, it didn't disappoint me.

I had a struggle on which background to attach my star to. I went through patterned paper, vellum and cardstock. And the final choice, I created my own background paper using several star stamps and Tim Holtz Distress Ink.

And here is the card I made.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Mama Elephant Confetti, Make A Wish
Stencil: Memory Box Line Up

When I posted this earlier, I was such in a hurry that I didn't mention to which blog I am submitting this card. So, here it is...


1 comment:

  1. Your striped star is fabulous! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete