Friday, November 24, 2023

Sketch Inspired Card

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I created a Christmas card for today's post based on a sketch and other challenge prompts. 

I love that Lawn Fawn came up with stitching patterns to be used with their Embroidery Hoop die. I stitched the Cozy Cocoa Pattern for this card. I changed the colors of some of the embroidery flosses since I don't have all of the suggested colors. I modified the pattern by adding a holly to the mug. 

I worked on the card base after I was done stitching. I added the sketch that I followed for this card at the end of this post. I used a Simon Says Stamp Graceful Holly 3D embossing folder on an emerald green cardstock. I applied color to the berries and leaves using Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. 

For the center reverse triangle, I cut a Lawn Fawn holly pattern paper. I outlined these triangle with a gold Pebbles Merry Christmas washi tape which I adhered to a white cardstock first before adhering it to the sides of the the reversed triangle. 

I die cut a stitched scallop frame using the Altenew Scalloped Circles die on a red cardstock and adhered this over the stitched panel. I adhered this to the bottom portion of the triangle. 

I hope you like today's card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at



I added below a link to the Altenew product I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this item. It is just a way to help a fellow crafter sustain her love for crafting. Don't forget to check out their new release for this month and their sale. Thank you for your support. 







1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how this turned out!
    Thanks for linking up to the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete