Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Create a Shaped Card using a 3D Die

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card was created using items from my craft stash. Would you believe that I used a die to create a 3D gift card holder for this card? Yes! I used the Honey Bee Gift Card Present Box on this card but instead of making it into a gift holder, I used some of the dies in the set to create a card. 

The colors of the present were inspired by the latest Inspired By Challenge which I linked below.


Both front and back of the card will have the present design. So I die cut duplicates of each piece for the card.

I stamped the Honey Bee Buffalo Plaid 6 x 6 Stamp on the blue cardstock and green cardstock. (Unfortunately, this stamp has been retired.) I wanted a light toned stamping to preserve the pastel color of the cardstock. To create this look, I stamped the pieces with Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment ink first. After I cleaned the stamp, I restamped the plaid using the color coordinating dye ink to each piece. Since the pigment ink is still wet, some of the colored pigment transferred back to the stamp. Since I need to re-stamp the plaid background, before re-stamping, I cleaned the stamp before re-inking it with the same dye ink. This step prevents contaminating the dye ink pad with the white pigment ink. A stamp positioning tool is a must to be able to re-stamp precisely. I am using the Misti Stamping Tool for this card.

For the pink ribbon, I used a Simon Says Stamp stencil to add tiny dot details to it using a dye ink. While my plaid stamp was out, I discovered another use for it aside from stamping. I used the flat back of the plaid stamp as a grip mat. Why not, right? 

 

I did the same technique on the bow but this time using a yellow dye ink. I curled the bow with a scoring tool before assembling this into a bow. 

To make this into a card, I am using a white top folding A2 note card. I trimmed a bit off the side using the blue die cut as a guide. The present lid is 4 1/4" wide so there will be a bit of an overhang on the top of the card. 

The green piece comes with a score line when die cut. You can trim this on the score line to come up with two pieces but I decided to keep it as is to give the lid some dimension. I trimmed a sliver off the part that will be adhered to the note card. I adhered this to the top of the note card making sure it is on the center. One piece was adhered to the front and the other was adhered to the back.

I adhered the blue piece after, making sure it is aligned on the sides of the the note card. I also made sure that this is flushed to the back portion of the scored green lid. This allows the front portion of the green piece to overlap the blue piece.

I adhered the ribbons after, creating a cross on the center of the blue piece. 


I adhered the bow after. I flattened the bow a bit so it will fit inside an A2 envelope.

I hope you like today's card. It is always fun to use old crafting products especially if used in another way stretching the use of those supplies. 


Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at










No comments:

Post a Comment