Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Christmas Window Scene Card

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card is a part of the Kat Scrappiness Wishing You a Happy Holidays IG Inspiration Hop. I added the link to the hop at the end of this post. I hope you can hop with us.

As the hop's caption says, "Have you started on your holiday cards?" I have several cards on hand ready to give and/or mail. I used to create a stack of Christmas cards to mail to family and friends. It is one of our family holiday traditions that kept me busy. But as years passed, electronic greetings replaced this tradition. I still love mailing greeting cards when I am able despite the cost of postage and despite of how slow it takes to deliver a mail. 

Back to the card, I am using two Kat Scrappiness dies on this card. I did some die cut surgery to give the die cuts a different look and stretch the use of my supplies. I die cut the tree using the KS Christmas Tree Coverplate Craft die on a green cardstock. I trimmed off the extras from the tree. I die cut the window using the KS The Night Before Christmas Window Scene Craft dies on a white cardstock. I used a craft knife to trim off the tree from the window. 

For the tree, I traced the outline tree die cut on a scrap cardstock to create a backing. I cut this tree on the line. I adhered a washi tape to this tree. I snipped off the excess.

I poked holes on the tree frame for stitching. I used a metallic silver embroidery floss for the tree garland, and a metallic green embroidery floss for the outline of the tree. I adhered red sequins to the circle areas of the die cut. I did a french knot on the center of the sequins using a red metallic embroidery floss. I adhered the frame tree to the washi tape tree. 

I die cut the star on a gold pearl cardstock. The star die is part of the KS The Night Before Christmas Window Scene Craft dies. I poked holes on this star. I stitched a gold embroidery floss on this star. I die cut another star and adhered it to the back of the stitched star. I adhered this to the top of the Christmas tree.


For the window, I traced the die cut on a blue snowflake patterned paper. I cut this on the line. I die cut Santa and the reindeers on black cardstock. This die is also a part of the KS The Night Before Christmas Window Scene Craft dies. I adhered the Santa die cut and the window frame to the patterned paper. I added some puffy glue to the window frame.

I trimmed a dark wood grain patterned paper at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I adhered the window and the tree to this patterned paper. 

For the sentiment, I adhered a sentiment sticker to a scrap cardstock. I trimmed off the excess, then glue it to the scene. 



I hope you like today's card. Don't forget to hop along with us. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.


I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. They have a new release, too!  








I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment