Friday, November 3, 2023

A Unicorn Christmas Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am using a freebie digital image, Astrid, from JMC Designs. This is the first time I was able to color a JMC Designs image. There are lots of freebies in the JMC Designs FB page. There is a new freebie every first of the month so lots of images to choose from. My son chose this image so I can color the unicorn as Josie, his unicorn toy's name. 

I printed the image on a light weight white cardstock. I colored the yellow part of the unicorn with Copic markers. I added shimmer on the unicorn's horn and some areas of its hair. For the unicorn's body, I blended a gray dye ink over it. I wanted a soft touch of color that's why I chose this technique of adding color over alcohol marker coloring. I pounced a gray pearlescent powder over the gray inked areas to add shimmer. I fussy cut the image leaving a thin white margin around it.

For the card panel, I used a retired Authentique 6x6 paper pad. I die cut this paper into 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"  using a Mama Elephant stitched rectangle die. I die cut the clouds using a Taylored Expression die to use as a ground for the unicorn. I flicked gold mica paint to the card panel and the cloud die cuts, and set it aside to dry. 

For the sentiment, I used word stamps from Lawn Fawn and Pinkfresh Studio. I wanted the spacing of the words to be narrow which I will not achieve if I stamp the words all at the same time. I stamped the sentiments on a plastic sheet temporarily to give me an idea on word spacing. I also used this as a guide for word placement of the sentiment on the panel. I positioned this plastic sheet over the panel with the die cuts and the unicorn. I am using the Misti Stamping Tool to stamp the words. Once I am happy with the position of the words over the panel, I aligned a word stamp with the stamped word on the plastic sheet. Once aligned, I picked the stamp with the door of the Misti. I removed the plastic sheet, inked the stamp with a gold dye ink, then stamped the word to the patterned paper panel. I stamped the word with a gold pigment ink before repeating the process on the other two words. 

I adhered the clouds to the patterned paper panel, then the unicorn. I added gems and heart sequins to embellish the unicorn. 


I hope you like today's card. It is not your typical Christmas card which makes it unique. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B. 

I am sharing this creation at


 

2 comments:

  1. Whimsical soft hues, Maria! Thank you for sharing your monochromatic creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful whimsical card and coloring! Glad you joined us at Jan's Digi Stamp challenge. Donna T

    ReplyDelete