I cut the tag using my Cricut Imagine and the Cricut Small Talk Frames & Tags Cartridge. I cut a frame using kraft cardstock, and two pieces of base, one using white cardstock and another using watercolor paper.
I stamped the hat onto the watercolor paper using Ranger Archival Ink. I also stamped the hat on a Post-it Note to create a mask. I stamped the snowman over the masked hat. I applied a Fineline masking fluid to the snowman and hat. I also created a mound mask using a Post-It note to ground the snowman. I blended Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China. I applied the color heavily on the top of the image, and lightened the pressure on the bottom near the mound. Using Simon Say Falling Snow stencil, I inked the holes with Memento Luxe Pigment Wedding Dress ink. After allowing this to dry, I applied a coat of Wendy Vecchi Embossing paste to the stencil. I set this aside to dry.
I removed the Post-It masks from the image, then remove the masking fluid using my finger. One thing I've noticed after I removed the mask is that it left a bluish stain onto the area where I applied the mask. I think I should have shook the bottle first before applying the fluid to the image. I don't want to re-do what I've accomplished on this card, so I used watercolor brush pens to color in the image. I applied Marvy Uchida Snow Pen to the base of the snowman. It took me two applications to get my desired effect since my pen is drying up already. To further embellish the snowman, I applied red Stickles to the heart, I applied clear Wink of Stella to the cap, and some google eyes. Actually, I messed up the eyes when I was highlighting it with black Glaze pen. Since I am not re-creating this card from the beginning, the google eyes were a good option to save the project.
I stamped the frame with snowflakes using My Favorite Things Kraft ink. I adhered this onto the snowman panel. I created a ribbon hole on the top by using a craft knife. I threaded a sheer red ribbon into this and tied a silver string onto it. I squirted a small amount of Ranger Multi Medium onto the bow to secure it.
For the back panel, I scored the white cardstock at the top to create the flap to which I will adhere the front panel. I stamped the messages using MFT Kraft and Hero Arts Black dye inks. I applied glue to the top using a tape runner. My Cricut does not cut clean especially with this type of projects but no worries. I just trimmed off the excess back panels that shows through the sides of the frame.
Thanks for viewing my blog.
Maria Giselle B.
Stamps: Paper Smooches Chit Chat, Merry Motifs, Warm Hearts
I am submitting this creation to: