Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Mica Pearl Watercolored Image


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am paying tribute to the Day of the Dead with this project. I used the I Brake For Stamps Sugar Zen Skull rubber stamp. 

I stamped the image on watercolor cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink. The details of the stamp image was captured beautifully by this ink. Not to forget that this is a watercolor friendly ink which is the medium I used on today's project.

I colored the image using Finetec and Coliro pearl watercolors. I used a water brush with a fine tip to watercolor the image which was very helpful on those tiny spaces.


Once I am done with the watercoloring, I used a metallic pen to add more details to the image. 

I die cut the panel into a circle using a circle die.

I used Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor to color the background black. I sponged the sides with a blank ink to hide the white core of the watercolor paper.   

For the back panel, I die cut a scallop on white cardstock. I adhered different colored crepe paper to the edges. I trimmed off the excess.

I adhered scrap circle die cuts to the back of the skull panel to add a bit of depth. You can use foam adhesive or fun foam instead. I just like to make us of my scraps if I can.

I adhered the focal point to the scalloped crepe paper panel.

This project can be used as a decor on a table. It can also be hung by adding a string on the back. Create more pieces to make it festive. It can also be adhered to a notecard as a focal point. Or, cut another scallop piece to make it into a shaped card.


I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse and I Brake For Stamps are generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

I am sharing this project at


No comments:

Post a Comment