Thursday, October 10, 2024

Stitched Card

 

Hello! Belated Happy World Card Making Day! I always look forward to this day even if it is a work day (work night, I should say) for me. One of the events during WCMD that I love to participate in is the Doodlebug Design's WCMD challenges. They have several challenges and the Stitch It Up Challenge is my most favorite. If you have been following me, you know that this is within my alley since I love to stitch.

I trimmed the B side of the Doodlebug Design Dragon Tails Cobblestones patterned paper to a little over 4" x 4". I poked holes where the triangle meet. I did a running stitch on these holes using DMC embroidery floss. I used colors of embroidery floss that coordinates with the colors of the triangle.

For the card base, I used a trifold card from the Doodlebug Design Cards & Envelopes Hello Assortment. On the small flap of this note card, I die cut the word thanks. The die I used is from Paper Smooches. The die created holes which can be left as is or since these are holes, it gave me an opportunity to add stitching to it. 


I adhered the stitched panel to the larger flap of the trifold card. The short end of this trifold card, where I stitched the thanks has a notch. I trimmed this off since I did not want the stitched panel to be covered. 

I added Doodlebug Design gray sequins to the stitched panel. I topped this with blue gems.


Thank you for dropping by. I hope you like today's card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this project at






No comments:

Post a Comment