Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Day of the Dead Banner

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's project was created for the Blank Page Muse blog. Thank you BPM for allowing me to share this project in my blog, too!

I created a banner using two sugar skull stamps from Blank Page Muse in preparation for the Day of the Dead which is celebrated on November 1 to November 2. The Blank Page Muse stamps I used are

I prepped a black cardstock with an anti-static tool before stamping the image using an embossing ink. This step limits the amount of stray powder on the cardstock. 

I poured embossing powder to the inked panel. I am using different neon colored embossing powders. I brushed off any stray embossing powder using a dry paint brush.


Using a heat tool, I melted the embossing powder. I usually start with the heat gun pointed towards the back of the powdered image. This somehow prevents the powder from being blown off. After which, I melted the rest of the powder with the heat gun pointed directly on the powdered image. Make sure to move the heat gun frequently to prevent over melting the embossing powder. 


I wiped off the anti-static powder from the embossed panel with a dry cloth. I fussy cut the image leaving a small border around it. 


I added details to the embossed image with neon gel pens. 


I added gems to the eyes keeping the colors the same for a monochromatic look.


I temporarily adhered the skulls to a trim with a piece of tape. To make this permanent, use a glue gun to adhere the skulls to the trim.


You can create more skulls depending on how much you need to decorate your home. 

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse and I Brake For Stamps is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

I am sharing this project at















No comments:

Post a Comment