Thursday, October 17, 2024

Halloween Mini Tag Book


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I created a mini-book using some of the patterned papers from the Simple Stories Simple Vintage Scary Stories collection.

I love cut apart patterned papers! For the cover of the mini book, I used one of the 4x6 elements on the cut apart patterned paper. It worked perfectly as a cover for the mini tag book. I scored the 4x6 element at 2 1/2", 3 1/2" on the long side.


To make the cover sturdy, I trimmed the So Ghostly patterned paper at 6" x 4", the same size as the 4x6 element. I trimmed this further to 2 pieces of 2 1/2" leaving an extra inch strip. I trimmed a sliver off an edge of each piece. I adhered each piece to the back of the scored 4x6 mini book.



There are 12 tags in the tag elements patterned paper. I trimmed the tags per row. I scored the tags where two tags meet. I folded the tags, folding it back and forth to train the score so these tags can be folded accordion style. 


I trimmed one tag to cover the back of the tag that is adhered to the spine of the mini book cover.


I was generous in embellishing the tags. I used supplies I have in my stash. I tried not to use embellishments that are too dimensional to allow the book to close. If it doesn't, you can add a band to close it up. You can also punch a hole on the edges of the cover, thread a ribbon through the holes and use this to tie the book shut as another option to close the mini tag book. 


For the last row of tags, I reused one of the tags on the first row. I adhered the journaling part of the tag to the most right tag to add some variation to the journaling tags. 


One of the tags has the above sentiment with a very cute font. I can't resist adding stitching to the letters using metallic and sparkly embroidery flosses. I adhered an extra tag to the back to hide the stitching on the back of this tag. 

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment