Monday, April 29, 2024

Inspired By Pastel Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I created this card to join in the Inspired By Challenge which is linked at the bottom of this post. 

The focal image of the photo inspiration is the 'Wellies' which I only learned to be another name for rain boots. I went through my stash and found a Lawn Fawn stamp of a bear wearing wellies. The stamp set is called LF Here For You Bear stamp set. I colored the raincoat pink just like the color of the wellies in the photo. I colored the bear's wellies yellow just like the ribbon in the photo. I used Prismacolor pencils to color the bear. I added details to the bear with gel pens which you can see on the next photo. I fussy cut the bear leaving a narrow border around it.

The photo has flowers coming out of the wellies. To add flowers to my project, I used a border stamp from The Ink Blot Shop. I stamped the flowers using a neutral ink and colored it with pastel colored Copic markers, following the colors of the flowers on the photos. I created three of this floral border. I fussy cut the floral border leaving a border around the images.

The challenge also includes a sketch which can be an option if you don't want to do the photo inspiration. If you know me, I love jamming theme challenges in one project. To add the sketch to my project, I trimmed a 3" x 5 1/2" cream cardstock. Using a dotted stencil, I blended cream ink to the stencil. I must have not cleaned my stencil really well because there was ink contamination on my panel. I just went with it. After using the stencil, I made sure to wash it well this time. 

I trimmed the 6" floral border in half. I adhered the flowers to the cream panel. I tucked and adhered the bear underneath one of the floral borders. 

For the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment on a strip of cream cardstock. This is the same cardstock I blended the ink on. 


For the background panel, I embossed a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Concord & 9th Baby Powder cardstock using a We R Memory Keepers 3D embossing folder. I lightly spritz the panel with water before running the the paper through the die cutting machine. This prevents the paper from cracking. 

I adhered the wide floral strip panel to the embossed panel using liquid adhesive. This is my favorite adhesive to use on 3D embossed paper.


I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at




 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling little bear! Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cute. So glad you joined us for our April challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete