Friday, April 5, 2024

Happy Birthday Easel Card

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card came as a challenge, believe it or not. Somehow, nothing was working right for me during the creation of this card that I was close to giving up on it. It is not really the time spent that I feel bad about. I feel bad that I keep wasting supplies specifically paper because I am not happy with how it looks or something. Whew! I am just so glad that I have overcome this creative hump. How about you? Have you had these kind of days?

My card's inspiration is my co-worker who is celebrating her birthday tomorrow. She loves pandas, thus, explain the critter.

I am also motivated by the latest Lawnfawnatics challenge on using patterned paper. I am using the Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Remix 6x6 paper pad on my card. 


I used the LF Giant Happy Birthday die for the interactive portion of the card. On a top folding card, I scored the front at 2 3/4" inch. I partially die cut the sentiment, covering only the top portion of the sentiment die with the die cutting plates. This will allow the top of the sentiment stay upright while the top portion of the card front, folds. The sentiment die cut is adhered on blue vellum for some shadow effect on the bold sentiment. I also drew in on the letters using an embossing pen. I poured silver glitter embossing powder to this, then heat set it. 

The panda is a freebie mini stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I stamped this on white cardstock and blended brown ink to preserve its playful look. The cake and party hat are from the LF Party Animal stamp set. For the candle & flame, I used the bamboo and the leaf to create the lighted candle.


The tiles of the card were created using the negative die cut created by the polaroid die from the LF Selfie Frames. The frames were a bit short from the edges of the card front. I added strips of pearl blue cardstock to both sides. I added stitched details to these strips using a die from the the LF Stitched Borders die.

The card front stands upright pretty well by itself but I decided to add a stopper. I die cut one of the plaid papers with a die from the LF Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Stackables. I die cut an extra on scrap cardstock and adhered this to the back of the scalloped patterned paper die cut for some dimension.

I die cut a banner on a light blue cardstock using a die from the LF Flippin' Awesome die set. I heat embossed a sentiment on this banner using a stamp from the LF Party Animal stamp set. I adhered this to the scalloped patterned paper die cut. I adhered this on the lower portion of the inside of the card.

I hope you like today's card. Below is a short video of how interactive this card is. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!


Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment