Friday, April 19, 2024

Card Recipe Inspired Challenge

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I am playing along with the Kat Scrappiness Blog challenge


My patterned paper is from an Echo Park 6x6 paper pad. I love how some patterned papers have subtle designs just like this one. I splattered some mica green paint to this paper. The paper was cut at 4" x 5 1/4".

I used the Kat Scrappiness Nesting Fishtail Banner dies for my focal area. I die cut a Doodlebug patterned paper using this die.

I die cut a green cardstock with the KS A2 Stitched Strips Craft dies to create loops for the banner. I adhered this to the back of the banner. For the banner rod, I used a straw die to cut this on a cardstock with gold washi tape adhered to it. I die cut 2 more pieces of this straw on kraft cardstock and stacked it on top of each other for some dimension. I adhered a lace trim to the bottom portion of the banner using a hot glue gun.


For the focal image, I used the KS Wok On stamp set. I stamped this on lightweight white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and fussy cut it leaving a white border around it. 

I embossed a sentiment from the stamp set on the banner. This sentiment stamp comes as a one liner stamp. I cut the words apart so I can fit the sentiment on the banner. I could have masked the words to achieve this look but this was the quickest way of doing it without the risk of messing up. I can always align the cut up stamps next to each other to achieve its original look.

I adhered the patterned paper to a kraft cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I adhered the banner, then adhered the colored images. I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the eyes. 

I added green sequins and gems to complete the recipe. 


I hope you like today's project. You have until the end of this month if you want to join this challenge. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. Enjoy!








I am sharing this project at

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful banner on your card! Perfect little dies, sentiment and bling, too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cut It Up! Katrina

    ReplyDelete