Monday, June 17, 2024

Using Stash Digital Paper

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Blank Page Muse has several printable paper digital download sets. I have created several projects using some of it (I linked these projects at the bottom in case you would like to check it out.) and have accumulated a stash of printed digital paper. Yes! I keep the smallest scraps just in case I will use it for later. You never know.

I die cut the Christmas tree using the La-la Land Crafts Layered Christmas Tree Die. The digital paper is from the BPM Frosty Night Christmas. The design of this digital paper gave the tree some texture. To add more texture to the tree, I used a Versamark pen to line the tree tips. I poured Ranger Verdigris embossing powder to the sticky ink and heat set it. I inked the curved edge of the tree layers with Tim Holtz Pine Needle Distress Ink to add some depth.


The tree trunk was die cut on pearl brown cardstock. The star was die cut on a scrap digital paper from BPM A Cozy Fall Harvest

For the background, I used the BPM Butterfly Trails Circles Patterns stencil. I treated a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" light blue cardstock with anti-static tool. I pounced Versamark ink on the stencil. I poured Hero Arts Iridescent Blue embossing powder over the sticky ink and heat embossed it. The nice thing about this powder is its look changes depending on how the light hits it. 

I blended Tim Holtz Prize Ribbon Distress ink over the embossed panel. I wiped the panel with a dry cloth to remove the ink off the embossed circles.

I stamped the letters from the I Brake For Stamp License Plate Vintage Style Alphabet rubber stamp on white cardstock. I used the Misti Stamping tool and a Misti Sticky Mat to do my stamping. I adhered the red rubber stamp on the sticky mat. I temporarily adhered my cardstock on the door of the Misti. I selectively inked the stamp, inking only the letters that I will be needing for my sentiment. 

I heat set the stamped letters to speed dry it then trimmed it to make this into blocked letters. I blended Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink on each letter. I am not sure why the letters smeared despite heating it and leaving it for a while. So from blending, I pounced the Distress Ink over the letter cut out. The smeared look did not bother me so I left it as is and used it on my project.

I adhered the red plaid paper to the blue dotted embossed paper. The red plaid paper is also a digital paper from the BPM Frosty Night Christmas. This was a left over cut out from a die. I adhered the Christmas tree to center. I adhered the letters to the red plaid paper. 

To add some dimension to the letters, I added Ranger Glossy Accents to it. I left this to dry overnight. 


I added red gems to the tree and an orange gem on the star. I 'zhuzh' the end of the trees to give it more dimension.

I hope you like today's project. I encourage you to look into your scraps and give it a new life. 


Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B. 

Blank Page Muse and I Brake For Stamps are generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

List of past projects using digital paper:




1 comment:

  1. What a great card. Love how you created your own paper, used scraps of other papers and how you added dimension, shading to your Christmas tree. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete