Monday, June 24, 2024

Using Digital Paper to Create a 3D Embellishment

 

Hello! Welcome back my blog. Do you remember when rosettes were on trend? It seems to be more work back then with scoring and folding the paper. Nowadays, manufacturers made it easier to create rosettes  with the creation of specialty dies that cut and score the paper for you. Also, rosettes are not limited to the circular rosettes anymore. There are dies that create shaped rosettes just like the one that I used on today's project.

I used a digital image from the Blank Page Muse Vibrant Spring Digital Paper Bundle for the butterflies. This bundle includes a sheet of digital paper which I resized to fit the butterfly. I like the colors on this bundle. Very bold and vibrant!

I die cut the butterflies on the printed digital paper using The Stamp Market Butterfly Rosette die. I folded the scores created by die and reinforced the folds with a bone folder. To keep the shape of the butterfly rosette, you just knot a string on the center. There is a groove that nestles the string. I added a dot of glue on the knot to make sure the knot will not get undone.


For the body of the butterfly, I die cut this on a silver glitter paper and a rainbow holographic paper. I die cut extras on heavy weight cardstock to layer on the back of the specialty paper. I adhered this to the center of the butterfly. I adhered baubles to the body of the butterfly.


There are lots of uses for this butterfly rosette. It can be used to embellish a card, a gift topper, create a mobile, a wreath, add to a flower bouquet, lots of possibilities. 

I hope you like today's project. Have a blessed, brilliant and cretive day!

Maria Giselle B.

Blank Page Muse is generously offering a 15% discount to their online store to YOU, my blog readers. Just use the code BPMMaria when you check out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment