Friday, December 22, 2023

Stitching on Texture Plate

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. If you've been following me, you know that I love to stitch. Today's card is an example of my love for stitching. For this card, I am using The Greetery Aida Cloth Texture Plate. The moment I saw this product released, I fell in love with it right away. 

Most of the projects I saw using this texture plate is either using it for a background or stamping on it. The plate creates these these tiny holes. There are 7 boxes or spaces in between the holes per inch on the textured plate. It is recommended to use 6 strands of floss with this count but I only used 4 strands which came out okay. The stitching pattern I used is from Lawn Fawn

I stamped the mug on white cardstock. I colored the mug with Copic markers. I fussy cut the image leaving a small border around it. I incorporated the mug to the design by adding stitching to the handle to make it look like the snowman is holding the cup. 


I die cut a snowflake frame for the stitched snowman. The snowflake die is from Hero Arts. I used a My Favorite Things circle die to cut the window. I added details to the snowflake frame using a Simon Says Stamp 3D embossing folder. I lightly swiped a gray pigment ink to the embossed details of the snowflake frame. I die cut another snowflake frame to add a layer to the embossed snowflake frame.

I trimmed a bit off the edges of the stitched panel. I matted the panel with the same blue cardstock I used for the snowflake frame. 

I embossed the sentiment using a stamp and coordinating die from Lawn Fawn. The silver embossing powder I used is from Simon Says Stamp. I die cut additional labels and layered this underneath the embossed sentiment.

I stamped several snowflakes on the Aida background for additional details using a gray pigment ink. 

I added clear gems to the tips of the snowflakes. 

I hope you like today's card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

2 comments:

  1. sooooo fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great card design, I love all the stitching textures. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your designs soon!
    Happy 2024!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete