Saturday, December 16, 2023

Color Inspired Pop-up Display Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I got my inspiration for today's project from the blog challenges linked at the end of this post. I also want to try out Jennifer McGuire's technique on creating Easy Pop-up Display Cards. Head on to the link for a video tutorial on how to make it.

My card front for this pop-up card measures 4" x 4" which is the measurement of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Square that I used for this card. The whole length of an 8 1/2" cardstock is not enough to create the folds on the back of the pop-up card. So I had to make modifications to Jennifer's card. 

I cut a Lawn Fawn Speckled Eggshell cardstock at 4" x 8". I scored this at 2" and 6". 

For the back portion, I cut 2 pieces of 4" x 4 3/4" of the same cardstock. I scored this at 2". I trimmed a sliver off the short edge to fit into the fold of the first panel. This short edge will be the tab that will be adhered to the first folded panel.

For the front, I trimmed strips of different colored cardstocks following the colors of the Color Throwdown challenge which I linked below. I trimmed a typing paper at 4" x 4". I applied adhesive to this paper using a dot runner glue. You can also use a double adhesive tape if you prefer. I adhered the strips to this paper, making sure the strips are butted close to each other. I added stitching to the strips using the LF Stitched Borders die.

I die cut the LF Giant Happy Birthday die to this stripped panel. I also die cut the sentiment on black cardstock to create a shadow for the colored stripped sentiment die cut.

For the front panel of the pop-up card, I die cut the LF Stitched Square to a LF Speckled Eggshell cardstock as I mentioned earlier. I heat embossed the small ice cream stamp from the LF Party Animal stamp set to this panel to create a background. I used a gold embossing powder so it will tie in with one of the colors.


For the back folds of the pop-up card, I am using the ice cream stamp from the LF Here's the Scoop stamp set. I adhered double adhesive tape to the same colored cardstocks I used for the strips. I poured Elizabeth Craft Designs Silk Microfine glitter to the adhesive. I burnished the glitter to the adhesive using my finger. I stamped the outline ice cream scoop to these glittered cardstocks. I fussy cut it trimming it next to the outline.


I stamped the cone on the back fold using a Concord & 9th Stardust dye ink. I colored the cones with a Nuvo Midas Touch Aqua Shimmer pen. I also colored the small ice cream scoops on the front panel with this shimmer pen. 

I adhered the glittered scoops on top of the cones. I adhered the stiched panel to the front of the pop-up card. I adhered the shadowed die cut sentiment on the stitched panel. 

Just like Jennifer's card, I adhered a smaller stitched square to one of the flaps on the back for a place to write a sentiment. 


I hope you like today's card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at





 

1 comment:

  1. What a cool and happy birthday card!! Great way to use the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete