Friday, September 1, 2023

Hexagon Shaped Fall Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's project is for this month's Incy Wincy Designs Challenge. The theme for this challenge is/are Colours of Autumn +/or Not a Square or Rectangle. Also, Incy Wincy is going to take a break for the rest of the year to allow some of our DT members to focus on their hectic lives. If you have time, please drop by the blog and leave some encouraging comments to the DT. They are doing their best to keep the challenge blog going.

We have two sponsors for this challenge. The image I am using is from the Little Minute Manda which I linked below. Isn't the gnome cute?

I printed the image on a light weight white cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers. I got my inspiration colors from a paper pad by Echo Park.

After I colored the image, I fussy cut this leaving a small border around it.

For the background panel, I adhered scraps of plaid patterned paper on a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of scrap paper. I partially die this using a hexagon die. I partially die cut it so I can extend the length of the polygon. You don't have to this. You can just use a regular trimmer to create the same shape. 

For the card base, on a kraft colored note card, I traced the hexagon die which created a border around the plaid polygon. I used my paper trimmer to cut the note card on the traced lines. 
 

I adhered the patterned paper to the polygon note card, making sure it is centered. I adhered the gnome.

I die cut several of the green scrap patterned paper from the same paper pack with a grass border die. I adhered this to the bottom of the wagon to ground it. 

The sentiment is from an ephemera pack from Simple Stories. It had a bit of overhang which I snipped off so it will follow the shape of the polygon.

I hope you like today's card, and I also hope that you join us in this month's challenge. I will miss Incy Wincy especially its followers who have tirelessly join our challenges. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Image Sponsor

I am sharing this creation at

No comments:

Post a Comment