Thursday, September 14, 2023

Checkerboard Inspired Halloween Card with a Surprise Feature

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card is a part of the Kat Scrappiness Happy Halloween Inspiration IG Hop. I added the link to the hop at the end of this post for your convenience. 

I am using the Kat Scrappiness Buffalo Plaid Backdrop die with a new twist. The die cuts diagonal vents as part of the plaid design. If you look at the photo below, you will notice that the vent part of the plaid die cut is in criss crossed pattern. That is because I die cut two pieces of the plaid die using the same color cardstock. I flipped the other die cut, using the back of the die cut instead. I lined up the vents on top of each other. It is not a perfect match, so I had to trim a row off and use this on the vents that does not have the criss cross design. 


I adhered this panel to an orange patterned paper.

The spiders are from the KS Creepy Crawly Dies. I die cut the spiders on black cardstock. I trimmed off the string that is a part of the die cut. I embossed these spiders using a customized embossing powder mix of black, glitter and glow in the dark embossing powders. I heat embossed each spider twice.

For the spiders' eyes, I adhered a white cardstock to the back of the spider. This is cut a bit smaller than the spider. I adhered this to the back of the black embossed spider. I added a dot to the eyes uisng a black gel pen. 

I adhered each spider to the solid square block of the plaid panel. 

I opted not to add a sentiment to the panel so that the focus will not be taken away from the spiders and the plaid background. The reason being is the surprise feature of this card. If you have been following me, you might probably have guessed what feature I added to this card.
 


Yes! The spiders glow in the dark!


I hope you like today's project. Please join the KS IG Hop for more Halloween inspiration. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products especially the exclusive Kat Scrappiness products. They have a new release, too!  



I am sharing this creation at






2 comments:

  1. Your Halloween card is fabulous, especially with the glow-in-the dark spiders! Spooky cool! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spook-tacular card and the glow-in-the-dark spiders add an extra fun element of spookiness! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete