Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Die Cut on Patterned Paper

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. We have a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. The challenge themes is/are about Sentiments and/or Die Cuts only or Birds and the Bees. You can win one or both prizes, depending on which part of the challenge you plan to participate on. Please visit the challenge blog for more details. 

For my card, I am using a bird die from Simon Says Stamp and a flower die set from Concord & 9th. The patterned paper I am using is from Craft Consortium. I strategically die cut the layers to create depth and color variation on the bird and the flowers. 


The bird die created detailed cut lines which I emphasized with a white Sakura Glaze pen.

I lightly added sticky ink to the flower edges and poured iridescent embossing powder to it, then heat set it for a bit of shimmer.

For the background panel, I am using a light blue cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I embossed this with a 3D floral embossing folder from Altenew. I inked the embossing folder with blue dye inks, then ran this through the die cut machine again to transfer the ink to the cardstock panel. I did this twice using two different shades of blue dye ink.

For the flat portion of the cardstock panel, I did ink smooshing using the same blue dye inks I used on the embossing folder. 

I stamped the sentiment using a pink dye ink, then adhered the die cuts to the panel. I adhered this to a top folding vertical top folding A2 note card.

If you don't have a patterned paper like this, you can create your own especially if you have alcohol inks. I don't have alcohol inks so this is a great way of achieving the look of alcohol inks.

I hope you like today's card. Please join us in this month's challenge. We can't wait to see your projects.

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this at

I added below a link to the Altenew product I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this item. It is just a way to help a fellow crafter sustain her love for crafting. While in the Altenew blog, don't forget to check out their new release for this month. Thank you for your support. 



No comments:

Post a Comment