Friday, August 4, 2023

Paper Weaving


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's card was inspired by Newton's Nook Designs Color Challenge. This is a card is also a tribute to my sister's cat, Bibi, who was lost and now, found. He is finally home after two weeks of being lost. 

I worked on the weaving by trimming scraps of patterned paper at 1/4". The patterned papers I used have red and pink colors on it. After I've weaved the paper strips, I adhered this to a scrap of white cardstock. I die cut a slope on this weaved panel.

For the background, I used the Newton's Nook Designs Sunscape Stencil. I first inked the sun rays with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in SaltwaterTaffy. I applied ink heavily near the center then lightly towards the sun ray ends. I cleaned the stencil then rotated it so that the stencil will cover the inked sun rays. I blended THDO in Spun Sugar on these open areas. Some of the sun rays on the stencil does not reach the end of the paper. I just rotated the stencil until I can find a sun ray that will reach the edge of the paper.


I stamped the image on white cardstock. The cat is from NND Netwon's Graduation stamp set. I colored the image using Prismacolor color pencils with Bibi's color in mind. It is always a challenge to color a cat black. I fussy cut the image leaving a white border around it. 

The globe was colored using the colors on the challenge. I added shimmer to the globe but this was not captured on the photo. 

To complete the scene, I die cut a strip of the slope on green cardstock. I stamped a speech bubble on the sunscape portion. I made sure this is dry before stamping the sentiment which is also from the same stamp set. I added shadow to the speech bubble with a blue color pencil.

I adhered the cat with foam tape for dimension.

I hope you like today's card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! The use of the stencil for the background is awesome!! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weaving you did on this card! So glad Bibi was found! That had to be so scary! Great use of the challenge colors! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and cute, Maria! Love the weaving on your background! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete


  4. So glad your kitty returned safely! What a fun card to celebrate its return! Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the cat got back home! This is such a cute and colourful cat card with so much great teachnique. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete