Saturday, July 1, 2023

Waterfall Mermaid, Food & Drink Themed Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. It is the first of July which means that we have a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. This month's challenge theme is/are Food +/or Drink. The images I am using are linked below. 

These mermaids from the Last Minute Manda are too hard to resist not to color. They are all stinking cute! I printed the images on a light weight white cardstock. I re-sized the images to fit the scalloped square included in the Lawn Fawn Flippin' Awesome die set. I used Prismacolor color pencils to color the images. I added accents to the colored images with glitter pens, gel pens, and metallic pens from my stash. 

I fussy cut the images leaving a white border around it. 

 

 

For the interactive feature, I die cut the base of the flipping mechanism on a red cardstock. For the flipping accents, I die cut the LF Really Rainbow 6x6 patterned paper using the square & scalloped square dies included on the set. I inlaid the dark colored scalloped square into the square frame. I adhered a coordinating colored square die cut to the back for some stability to these flipping accents.

The sentiment was embossed on the back most part of the pull out mechanism. I trimmed a patterned paper  to fit this pull out mechanism. Before adhering it, I heat embossed the sentiment using a red glitter embossing powder.

For the card panel, I die cut the LF Outside In Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die on the same red cardstock I used for the flipping mechanism. I die cut the rainbow patterned paper from the same paper pad using a stacking rectangle die. I adhered the flipping mechanism to this panel.

The die set includes dies to embellish the pull tab. I used the tab that will allow me to add a twine.

Below is a video showcasing this card's interactive feature.


I hope you like today's project. Please visit the challenge blog linked above to join this month's challenge and see the other DT's work. 

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment