Monday, July 31, 2023

Soft Colors on Stencil

 

Hello. Welcome back to my blog. Today's card is my take on this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge. I am using the stencil from Altenew's Silk Art Craft Your Life Project Kit. I blended the ink using blender brushes on white cardstock using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks. This is a 3-layered stencil set. The stencils are conveniently numbered as a guide to which stencil is to be used first. 

Stencils #1 and #2 have parts that are very delicate. It can get malpositioned or worse, broken if not gentle in appling ink or mixed media. For such, I recommend using a temporary spray adhesive to prevent it from shifting while blending ink which may potentially break or twist these delicate parts. Also, be gentle in cleaning these stencils. You can either soak it in warm, soapy water or wipe the stencil gently, wiping the stencil following the direction of the stamen or leaf vein. 

If you are going to use the stencil with the coordinating embossing folder and you are going to stencil first before embossing, emboss the floral cluster on scrap paper first. Use this as a guide to position the delicate parts of the stencil so that it will match up when you emboss it with the embossing folder. Or you can just emboss it first before using the stencil to add color to the floral cluster. Same thing, just align the malpositioned stamen and/or leaf veins of the stencil to the embossed floral cluster. 

On to the card, I cut the panel at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I created a recessed frame with the use of a nesting rectangle die set. I die cut several more panels using scrap white cardstock. I adhered this to the back of the inked panel to add some dimension.

I stamped the sentiment on the inner panel using a stamp from Altenew Silk Art stamp set. I used a gray dye ink to maintain the soft look of the card. 

I am using a pink cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" for the note card. I scored this at 4 1/4" to create a top folding horizontal card. I adhered the frame then the inner panel to the front of the card. 


I hope you like today's card. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at



I added below a link to the Altenew product I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this item. It is just a way to help a fellow crafter sustain her love for crafting. While in the Altenew blog, don't forget to check out their new release for this month. Thank you for your support. 









No comments:

Post a Comment