Thursday, June 29, 2023

Rainbow Colored Block Letters Greeting Card


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I created this card to join in the latest Hero Arts Blog Challenge. I heat embossed the letters on a black watercolor cardstock using Wow! White Pearl embossing powder. The Hero Arts products I used on this card are from my stash and are, unfortunately, all retired. I am sure there is something in your craft stash that you can use as substitute to re-create this card.

Using the stencil, I drew the wonky shaped squares around each letter, some of which I have to extend vertically to accommodate the height of the letter. I also extended the width of the squares so the squares will be touching each other. I used the Karin pigment markers to add color to each letter block. 

I colored the inside of the letter with a black Wink of Stella shimmer pen. I outlined each block with a black Sakura Glaze marker. 

For the other half of the sentiment, I masked a stamp so I will only stamp the word brightly below the letter blocks. I heat embossed this word using the same embossing powder.

I stamped the stars using the Delicata White Shimmer pigment ink and the Avery Elle Silver Fox pigment ink. I brushed the Ranger Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl for some shimmer.

I trimmed this panel smaller. I adhered this to a partially embossed rainbow mirrored cardstock. The mirrored cardstock is from Simon Says Stamp. 


I hope you like today's card. Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at



2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for entering our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! thanks for staying crafty with Hero Arts!

    ReplyDelete