Wednesday, March 1, 2023

A Cat-ty Card Panel

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. We have a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. For this month, the challenge themes are Pets +/or Happiness. We have two sponsors for this challenge. I am using an image from one of our sponsors which is linked below. 

If you noticed the title, I am calling this project a card panel. So, what is a card panel? It is a cardstock or patterned paper cut at a certain card size card, in this case, a portrait A2 card. It is where the elements of the card front are adhered. Once it is finished, just adhere it to the front of a note card to make it into a card. My sister has a lot of my handmade cards. I don't foresee her giving these cards away since most of these cards were made with her and her cats as inspirations. So, I told her that from now on, any cards made about her, and her cats will be created into panels and compiled in a portfolio. 

As I mentioned above, the inspiration for this project is my sister and her cats. Her house is currently in the finishing phase of construction. And through the construction, sadly, she lost most of her cats and kittens. When I saw the images provided by the sponsor, I conceptualized the idea of paying tribute to my sister, her living cats and the cats that went to heaven. The cats with the girl on the image are my sister's living cats. The ones on the frames are her cats in heaven. 

After I printed the image, I colored these with Copic markers. I fussy cut the images leaving a white border around it. 

I trimmed a patterned paper at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I die cut a woodgrain cardstock using the Lawn Fawn Mini Picture Frames die set. I die cut a floral patterned paper using the same die set. I only used the negative cuts. I inlaid the floral negative cuts to the frame and adhered it together with tape on the back. I used a strip of brown patterned paper to ground the couch of the main image. I inked the edges of this strip with brown dye ink. 


I adhered the elements to the patterned paper panel to create my scene. 

I can't think of any other sentiment more appropriate than 'meow.' I die cut the letters using the Sugar Pea Designs Message Letter Board die set. I die cut these letters originally on white cardstock but I decided to color it with a brownish gray Copic marker to match the patterned paper strip. I added clear Wink of Stella to these letters for some shimmer. 

I inked the edges of the panel with the same brown dye ink for a bit of vintage look. 

I hope I've inspired you with this project. I hope you join our latest challenge. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

Image Sponsor


I am sharing this creation at

1 comment:

  1. This is such an adorable card !! I love the scene you created
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART March 2023 Linky challenge and/or
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete