Thursday, March 23, 2023

Rainbow Tiled Card

 

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. My busy crafting schedule for the past weeks left me on a slump this week. I have more than one card planned to create this week but fatigue set in, slowing me down on a lot of stuff including creating this card. I almost gave up on this card because nothing seems to be working the way I envisioned it. Even up to the point that the card is all done, something just not seems right. This post is not only about creating this card but also on how I did not give up on myself during this down time.

I am using the Altenew Patchwork Tiles stamp set. I positioned the stamp on the Misti Stamping Tool so I can just move the cardstock panel to repeatedly stamp the image on a straight line. I stamped the image on vellum to have a frosted effect. I used different colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, following a rainbow order. Using the Misti helped in re-stamping the image especially if the impression was not perfect the first time.  Since I heat embossed the images, I prepped the area with an anti-static tool first before stamping the image. I used clear embossing powder which made the color of think darker, getting a more tile look. Some areas are still not perfectly stamped. It seems like there is an area wherein the ink won't transfer to the vellum despite multiple stamping. I am not sure if my now non-sticky mat that's causing this. 

I colored the back of the vellum with Copic markers following the color of the tile to add color to the tiles.

Now is when the fiddling starts. I can't seem to decide what to do next. To find inspiration, I search the internet for cards using vellum and take it from there. I settled with a framed card. I used a square die from the Kat Scrappiness Never Ending Square dies to cut the square opening on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white cardstock panel. I created three pieces of this framed panel. I adhered the vellum panel on top of one of the frames. I adhered the other two on top of each other, then adhered it on top of the vellum piece. 

I added color coordinating sequins to the center of each tile. To cover the sequin hole, I added Nuvo glittered drop to the centers of the sequins. 

For the sentiment, I die cut the Birch Press Design Big Thanks Sugar Script Craft die. I chose this die sentiment because its length and size are perfect for the bottom space of the frame. This was not my first choice for the sentiment on this card making adding one more thing to my struggles creating this card. 

I die cut the sentiment three times on black cardstock. I adhered the three die cuts on top of each other for a dimensional look, then adhered it to the bottom space of the frame without taking a test look first. I cringed when I saw how the black sentiment stole the eye away from the colored tiles. Another struggle on with this card. It is at this point that I wanted to try and removed the adhered die cut but I know with the quality of liquid glue that I used, most likely I am going to warp that area. I walked away from my crafting space before I do more harm to the card. Talking it out with my sister, telling her why I don't like how the card looks made me come up with a plan on how to fix it. This time, with a little bit of confidence, I know I am going to get it right. I die cut the sentiment on a pearl shimmery white cardstock. I adhered it to the black stacked sentiment die cut, slightly offsetting it. Yes! I finally like how the card looks.


Thank you for baring with me with this post. I just want to let you know that a crafting slump can happen without warning, and it is okay. It is just like any struggle in life that comes our way. How we deal with the struggle is what matters in providing outcomes. I am hoping my crafting slump is just short lived. We shall see. 

Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!
Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

 

I added below a link to the I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase this/these product/s. It is just a way to help a fellow crafter sustain her love for crafting. FYI, I can only link the Altenew Patchwork Tile bundle which includes a stencil set and a stamp set. I only used the stamp set on this card which is an option when purchasing. The stencil is also a great product offering a lot of possibilities. It was out of stock when I made a purchase. Given the chance, I would have bought it as well. Thank you for your support!




2 comments:

  1. Love all your colours! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pattern!! Thank you very much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge!

    ReplyDelete