Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Cover Die-Two Ways, Partial Image Stamping with Tsukineko Memento Dual Tip Marker Pen

Hello! I created this card to participate in Sugar Pea Designs latest challenge. Using the sketch provided, I thought of using the SPD Harlequin Cover Plate in two ways. One with keeping the negative cuts intact, and the the other without the negative cuts. I also used the colors in the photo inspiration.

To achieve this background, I partially die cut a green card stock. You can just die cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel for this instead. I just like to save paper that's why I decided to partially die cut. I kept all the negative cuts since I am paper piecing this back to the cover die cut. I repeated this step using a teal card stock this time. When I cut both pieces diagonally, I realized that the diamonds are not straight. I fixed this with a strip of teal card stock to cover the irregular seam created by the different colored card stocks.

I adhered both  harlequin diagonal panels to a yellow 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card stock. I adhered the teal card stock strip I mentioned earlier. I drew in diagonal lines on the yellow card stock using a silver gel pen to  continue the harlequin design.

For the image, I am using the SPD This Little Piggy stamp set. The image came with a hula hoop circled around its waist. I tried masking this hula hoop but was quite unsuccessful. So, I colored the lines of the image that I want stamped with a Tsukineko Memento Dual Tip Marker pen. This time, I did not have any trace of the hula hoop. I used a Copic marker to fill in the open gap and any areas that did not get a good impression.

I colored the image with Copic markers. I colored it gray since the inspiration photo has a gray bunny in it. Also, there are gray pigs out there, too. I fussy cut the image leaving a small white border around it.

For the balloon, I am using the SPD Birthday Balloon stamp set. I stamped the solid balloon on a yellow card stock with Hero Arts Butter Bar Mid-Tone Shadow ink. I fussy cut the image leaving a small border around it. I adhered a yellow vellum on top of it using a Xyron Sticker Maker. I fussy cut the balloon again, now cutting this right at the edge of the image. I partially stamped the sentiment Let's Party to the balloon by covering the word party. I could have cut the sentiment stamp but doing partial stamping on this sentiment stamp was not difficult at all. I then stamped the Celebrate sentiment stamp. I used Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue dye ink. Since I stamped the sentiment on vellum, the ink stayed wet for a while so I was able to pour some Wow! Primary Blue Topaz embossing powder to it and heat set it.

I taped a Lawn Fawn Silver Sparkle Single Cord to the back of the balloon. I created a small bow and adhered this to the front. I adhered this to the card with a foam adhesive. I adhered the pig next with foam adhesive. The embellishments in my card represent the vertical line on the sketch. I squirted small dots of liquid glue to adhere the cord to the panel until the cord reached the pig. I adhered the cord to the pigs hand, like the pig is holding the balloon.

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day! Stay safe always!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.