Friday, February 19, 2016

My Take on Distress Ink Lifting by Jennifer McGuire

 

I was so impressed by Jennifer's card technique that I can't wait to try it myself. Watch her tutorial here: Distress Ink Lifting by Jennifer McGuire.

I created this card for my husband for Valentine's. I was late in finishing it but the idea was in my head especially after watching Jennifer's video and getting the Simon Says Stamp Sentimental Circles stamp set in the mail.

I start with inking a Neenah Solar White 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Candied Apple. After allowing this to dry, I embossed the Lawn Fawn Stitched Heart to it, more onto the left side of the panel. I used a Spellbinders Silicone Mat underneath the card stock to make the impression onto the card stock without cutting it.

I applied water onto the inside of the heart and allowed it to dry. I have a bigger space to work with compared to the image Jennifer used in her video. I think that was a factor and the amount of water given the size of the area I am trying to lift the ink from. I allowed this to air dry. I highlighted the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock Feathers. This time, I rubbed the pad onto a pallete, spritz the area with water, and used a water brush to apply the ink onto the heart image. This gave me control on coloring the edges. I allowed this to air dry again. On the next round of blending, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass. I rubbed the pad again onto a palette. This time, I spritz it with a WPlus9 Shimmer Spray Mist, then picked this up with a water color brush to paint over the inside of the heart.


For the sentiment, I got the idea from the Simon Says Stamp Sentimental Circles but I want it to surround the heart. I carefully cut the circled sentiment. I cut a heart using the same Lawn Fawn Stitched Heart die. I used this as a guide to lay-out the sentiment around the heart. I am also using the Misti tool to properly align the message. I also masked some words that was not along the edge of the heart.

I powdered the area to be stamped on since I am going to heat embossed the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink. With the Misti tool, I was able to re-stamp the sentiment since I miss some parts during the first stamping. I poured Hero Arts white embossing powder to this, then heat set it.

To finish off the card, I trimmed 1/8" off each side, then adhered this to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white note card. I also added some red sequins and applied a dot of Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Pastel Rose to the center of the sequins.


Thanks for viewing my blog.
Have a brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

No comments:

Post a Comment