Thursday, February 25, 2016

Masculine Interactive Birthday Card

I was asked by a friend to create a card for her husband's birthday. I have a plan for the lay out but I was having trouble choosing the patterned paper for the background. After taking a trip to Scrapbook Factory here in Illinois, I got inspired by a card sample featuring one of their on-sale wooden block stamps. It is an image of a pick-up truck.

After I revived my Cricut Imagine (Hoo-hoo!), I cut a car from the Cricut Going Places cartridge using water color card stock. I kept the negative cuts on the front of the card for further embellishing. I water colored the card using Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi. I mixed up some colors to come up with the gray bumper. I also mixed the pearl color with the palette I created to make the bumper shimmer. I colored the wheels black. Once it is dry, I doodled lines to accent the tire marks. I gold embossed the negative cut for the front of the card using Wow! Ultra Embossing Powder. I water colored the headlights. I adhered a piece of acetate to create a windshield. I applied a piece of tape to the back of the car to support the negative cuts that I want to piece in. I did apply a small amount of liquid glue to this pieces to secure it. I also applied Glossy Accents to the headlights.

For the pole embellishment, I stamped this on a water color paper using Ranger Archival Ink in black. I stamped the sentiment using a Close To My Heart stamp set. I masked the sentiment so it will be accomodated to the design. The sentiment is stamped using Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed using clear powder. I also water colored the pole. I fuzzy cut the image.

For the background, I die cut clouds onto an Inkadinkado masking paper using a Taylored Expression Rolling Cloud die. I attached this on a white notecard. I inked the clouds using Simon Says Stamp Die Ink in Sea Glass. I moved the cloud mask up and changed the alignment to create variation.

For the ground, I applied a tape to where I plan to ground the car. I am using a Lawn Fawn Chevron Backdrop. I used different hues of gray for the solid chevron stamp. I stamped another chevron pattern from the same stamp set using a white pigment ink. I allowed this to dry.

To balance the card, I partially die cut an opening to the right side of the car using an Avery Elle-ments Custom Panel die. I adhered an acetate to the back of this. I trimmed a gray card stock to matte the panel. I applied foam adhesive to the back, making sure to keep the acetate free of foam tape. I applied sequins and seed beads to this well. I sealed this using another gray cardstock. I adhered this to an A4 note card.

I adhered the pole using liquid adhesive. I used dimensional tape for the signs to pop it out. For the car, I trimmed the adhesive of the Action Wobbler so it won't show. I adhered this to the front of the card.

I also created a customized envelope for the card.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:

No comments:

Post a Comment