Thursday, May 22, 2014

Zigzag Fold, Partial Fuzzy Cut Card

I am entering this card to this week's Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge.


I was inspired by the card Jennifer McGuire made in her blog (Partial Die Cutting) and decided to give it a try. I also made this card for my father for an advanced Happy Father's Day card. My husband, Clem, will be hand delivering this to him when he goes home to visit the Philippines tomorrow.




A couple of differences with Jennifer's card:
1) This stamp set doesn't have a coordinating die. I really want to use it for this card since my dad is a coffee lover. I used EK Success Retractable Knife to do the partial cut. I had to smooth the edges with a file. I also had to run a black marker on the cut edges for a smooth finish.
2) This is not a solid stamp. Although, there was a solid cup stamp image with this set, I would like the handle of the cup to be on the non-cut side. I think it would have been more tedious to cut if I had the handle on the cut side. I colored my cups with Copics. It did bleed through even if I used a heavy weight card stock but it is not noticeable since it is in the back side of the zigzag card.
3) I embellished my card with patterned paper. Somehow, leaving it blank and white doesn't enhance the zigzag design of the card.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Paper Smooches Cyber Cafe, PS Sentiment Sampler

1 comment:

  1. Super cool card ! LOVE your design! Thanks for playing with us at SPARKS this week!

    ReplyDelete