Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bokeh Pattern, Reverse Vellum Coloring and Mother's Day Card


I created this card based on the photo above. I am so curious about bokeh pattern, that after viewing images of it, reading tutorials on how to re-create it, I used this pattern on this card.


Isn't it such a timing to make a mother's day card? The Inline Letters Stamp Set didn't come with an apostrophe stamp, so I have to make up my own sentiment for the occasion. This is what my sons call me. The greeting and sequins were stamped on a white card stock. The sequins were stamped twice without re-inking to create the bokeh effect.


The images were stamped on a vellum using Stazon ink. I colored the images on the reverse side of the vellum using Copic markers. I had to figure a way of attaching this on top of the white sentiment card. I squirted small amounts of liquid glue on the nose of the birds and the head spike of the dinosaur. I machine stitched the rest using a transparent thread. I love this thread! I used my old scalloped scissors to trim the edges of the vellum. I applied foam adhesive to the back of the white sentiment card. This was attached to a white card base.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamps: Inline Letters, Confetti, Just Hatched

No comments:

Post a Comment