Saturday, May 24, 2014

Window Tag Card-Sketch 2

I am submitting this card to the Hero Arts Spring Sketch Challenge. This is my second entry, under Sketch 2 category.


     I planned a vertical card but later on changed my idea into a horizontal card after watching Kristina Werner's video featuring the Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banner Dies, and Lawn Fawn Beep Boop Birthday Stamps and Dies. I started to work on the focal point of my card, which is the owl. I stamped the image in watercolor paper. I don't own a lot of Tim Holtz Distress Markers, so I used my watercolor pencils. This is the first time I used it with water and I was so amazed on the result. I fuzzy cut it and set it aside. 
     I cut a rectangle, about 2 x 2 1/4, to serve as the background of the owl. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks, then paint brush splattered some Tide Pool ink to it. It is a very subtle splatter so it is hardly seen in the photo.
     I looked through my stash for a brown patterned paper, gold embossed the square. I cut out the middle of the square to serve as the window for the owl. 
     I layered the owl, the background paper & the window patterned paper, working from the patterned paper to the owl, then to the patterned paper. I used foam tape in between each image/paper.
     I curled the end of the patterned paper. I fish tail cut the other end to create a pennant. I thread through a brown twine through the curled edge, and tied it into a bow.
     I cut a brown card stock and dry embossed it. I rubbed the gold ink pad to emphasize the embossed pattern. I adhered the focal point to this card stock, making sure that the foam tapes are double up to keep it balanced. Since my papers are all dark, the white foam tapes are standing out, so I have to color it with a brown marker. If I am going to re-do this again, I will be using a black colored foam tape. 
     I cut off a strip from the bottom to make it smaller than the size of the card. The sentiment was embossed in white on a vellum. 
     I embellished the owls some more. I used Wink of Stella for the eyes, the ears and the talons. I used Glossy Accent for the noses. Then I decided to apply Enamel Accents to the eyes, and that was a no, no! Instead of a small dot, it bled through the Wink of Stella, almost covering the whole eyes. 'Not when my card is done!' So, here comes the googly eyes. Now that made me feel better. And finally, here is the card...





Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamps used: Hero Arts OWH Lil Hoot (Owl, Sentiment: Can't wait to HUG YOU,) Getaway Travel (Speech Bubble,) Tape Your Message (Square)
Dauber: Hero Arts Tide Pool
Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment