Sunday, May 25, 2014

Graduation Card-Sketch 3

I am submitting this as my third entry to the Hero Arts Spring Sketch Challenge under sketch 3 category.


I don't have anybody close to me who is graduating this year but I think, after finishing the card, this is something that can be given to someone graduating.


I dry embossed a blue card stock. Cut a strip off close to the left side of the card. I heat embossed the Tiny Flag stamps in gold on a tan card stock. The card base is white. I adhered the embossed tan card stock to the card base, making sure I plan out how the design will show through the gap. I adhered the blue dry embossed card stock using a lot of dimensional tape. I stamped the circle on a white card stock using Navy ink. It looked plain with the blue circle on white, so I decided to color the circle with Copics. That was a scary move since I heard that Hero Arts ink doesn't work with Copics. I didn't notice the Navy mixing with the Copics while I was coloring . I heat embossed the star in velum using Judikins Iridescent glitter embossing powder. (I think after embossing the image, this powder is comparable to Ranger Holographic embossing powder.) I heat embossed the sentiment on a darker blue strip using gold embossing powder. I fish tail cut the end using my square puncher. I attached two pieces of white washi tape to the back side of the circle, with the sticky side facing front. I powdered it, slant cut the ends, and curled it to mimic a ribbon.




Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamps: Hero Arts Tiny Flags, Tape Your Message (Circle,) Written In The Stars (Star & sentiment)
Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Navy)

1 comment:

  1. OHHHHHH! I like that gold flag image on the tan paper--- WOW! And I LOVE how you layered this card! BEAUTIFULLY done! This is perfect for a graduate! LOOOOOVE!

    THANKS for leaving some love on the Virtual Smooches blog! So glad you enjoyed my video! The gold foil paper that I use is from Chickaniddy Crafts--- it's AMAZING! It's thin and perfect for just about any project! You can die cut it, emboss it, etc! Be sure to check out the Chickaniddy Crafts blog for more details next month! We are featuring the Silver and Gold foil paper:)

    THANKS again for your comment! You made my day <3

    ReplyDelete