Friday, May 16, 2014

Teacher Retirement Lay-out

My second grader's teacher is retiring after this school year. One of the class' moms is making a scrapbook for her, collecting a lay-out from each kid. I made a lay-out based on My Mind's Eye May Sketch challenge.



I love ombre and couldn't believe that I don't have a solid colored patterned paper in my stack. Good thing my local scrapbook store has one which worked out with my color scheme. I also love the Record It-Pretty Things washi tape. I cut it apart to create this stacked sentiments. For the title of the lay-out, I built it up from the Special note card. 2B is my son's homeroom. I cut 'learn' using Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge. I am into using embossing paste these days, so I used the negative space of the cut-out as my stencil. I could have sprinkled some white embossing powder but I want the focus to be more on  'special.' I stamped 'something.' I fuzzy cut 'special,' completing the title of this lay-out. The patterned papers which served as my photo/picture mats, came from past MME collections. Dry embossed card stocks are also used for mat. A few embellishments here and there, completing the final lay-out.

My son participated in this lay-out with him drawing a monument (the Louvre.) I made him do the journal by writing on strips of paper. I was going to make him write directly on the lay-out but just couldn't find myself that brave enough yet.

I enjoyed creating this one. Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.


No comments:

Post a Comment