Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Today's post features several cards using the Altenew Heirloom Filigree which is a part of Altenew's September release. It comes as an embossing folder, a stencil set and a press plate. You can buy the items separately or as a bundle.
I had an opportunity to use all the products from the bundle. The card on the top is an example of using all of the producs on a panel. I rarely pay attention to the instructions included with the packaging. I just go straight to work. But in this case, I allowed myself to be guided by the instructions on the insert.
On this panel, I foiled first using a silver holographic foil. I embossed the panel with the embossing folder. Then, used the stencil to blend ink over the embossed panel. I also added glittered embossing paste to the intricate design of the embossing using one of the layers of the stencil set.
I am a frugal crafter. I always try to go out of the box in the use of a certain craft product to stretch out my supplies. In this case, I wanted to give the diamonds created by the press plate another use by creating a different look. After foiling the diamonds, I used this plate as a press plate, off setting it to add diamonds in the middle of the foiled diamonds. I also used one of the stencils to blend ink so I can fill the whole panel with diamonds.
I used a half sheet of cardstock to create the background so it just makes sense to use it for a larger card. To make the most of this background, I die cut a scallopped circle on the center. I used this scalloped circle to create another card making a two-fer-one card using the same craft supplies.
I love the details created by the embossing folder and the individual oval frames. I love it so much that I thought of making it into a faux wax seal. After the embossing and stenciling, I pounced embossing ink to it and added clear embossing powder. Somehow, it became transparent after the embossing powder was melted. That it is not the look that I was going for. (While typing this, I just had a light bulb moment on how to attack this. Stay tuned.) I switched gears and embossed on copper vellum. And, that was a definite WOW! I don't need to add anything else since it is gorgeous by itself. What do you think?
I fussy cut the frame since I don't have an oval die that matches the shape of the embossed frame. I layered this on a scrap cardstock to give it some stability and make it really look like a wax seal. You can also use a metallic cardstock instead.
I still have a couple of panels made using this bundle. I can't wait to make them into cards.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!
Maria Giselle B.







No comments:
Post a Comment