Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Stitching Behind a Coverplate Die-Take 2


Hello! Welcome back to my blog. Kat Scrappiness is having a Christmas in July sale. Aside from this, there is a You Pick 3 Christmas Challenge on the KS blog.  I added the links at the bottom of this post, in case you want to check it out.

Back to my card, this is the second time I created a card like this using the KS Christmas Tree Background Craft die. This die is on clearance! You might want to purchase it before it is gone. 

The first stitched card I created using this die used traditional Christmas colors (https://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com/2022/11/stitching-behind-coverplate-die.html).

I die cut the tree background on green cardstock. I used a Crafty Meraki Stitch-A-Cross slimline die to poke stitching holes on a white piece of cardstock. I temporarily taped the background die cut over the stitching panel to guide me with stitching.



Once all the stitching is done, I carefully peeled off the washi tapes from the tree background die cut. 

I applied some shimmer on the tree outline using a shimmer pen.

I adhered the tree background die cut over the stitched panel.


I added french knots on the circle openings of the tree background die cut. I adhered KS snowflake sequins on the snowflake portion of the background die. I added a dot of clear glitter glue to the center of the snowflake sequin. I adhered circle glittered die cuts to embellish the tree.


For the challenge, the 3 that I picked are: Holiday tree (Christmas Tree), Die Cuts and add gold touches.

I hope you like today's project. Don't forget to shop this month long sale. And when you get your Christmas in July products, how about joining the KS You Pick 3 Challenge? 


Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I added below links to the Kat Scrappiness products I used on this card. There will be no additional cost to you should you decide to purchase any of these products. While you are at the Kat Scrappiness website, do check out their wide array of products. They have a new release, too! Enjoy!



















I am sharing this project at

3 comments:

  1. Oh Maria, I absolutely love to see your name pop up on our challenges! This card is absolutely stunning, as is all of your work. Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the colors just pop and the stitching is perfect! Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Maria Giselle... I had no idea this was a stitched card until I clicked on the image. Amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

    ReplyDelete